Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1-12-2010

A lovely day. A thin layer of fog lay over the water all day. The water was almost perfectly clear and 43 degrees. A logical day to fish dry again. In the first pool I started in the middle and near the bottom had a slashing take on the dry. Turned out to be a dolly but a MONSTER of a dolly. This one was over 6#. Not double digit or anything but a terrific fish nonetheless. I am so happy this year to see the Dollies back in good numbers and in such great shape. This says a lot for the state of the watershed. My partner fished down to the bottom and had 3 more and one was over 3#. No Steel yet but cool enough. In the second pool I again started mid pool and almost immediately had a terrific yank and 8# of solid silver. I am really starting to like this Winter Stone I can tell you. When I went to the top I fished down a ways and on the outer seam had a nice head and tail rise. Again about 8# of beautiful Steel. Not only that but we got 4 more Dollies out of the pool after that. All fish today for both of us were on floating lines.

1 comment: